WIPEOUT - Norwood hoodlums taken out by cops

No. 59 Friday, February 26, 2010
A six hour operation at three separate locations of Norwood, St. James saw the police's Mobile Reserve Unit on Tuesday eradicating four hoodlums and wounding two others.

   Four firearms were seized in the incidents and the wounded men taken into custody.
   Three of the dead criminals are identified as Adrian Callame, otherwise called 'Beenie Fabulous' of Flanker, Oneil Allan, otherwise called 'Stockey' a 28 year-old, labourer and Alkeba Ellis a 22 year-old handy man both of Paradise Norwood. The fourth man remained unidentified up to press time.
   Reports reaching the Western Mirror are that the first of three shooting incidents occurred at approximately 12:30 p.m., on Tuesday at Home Hill in Paradise Norwood. The police are reporting that the Mobile Reserve was on operation in the area when they spotted a group of five men. Upon seeing the police party the men ran and opened fire at the police.
   The policemen returned the fire and in the aftermath, Callame was found suffering from gunshot wounds. A 9mm Beretta pistol - serial number 3939342 - with one magazine containing 11 cartridges, was taken from him. A Glock pistol was also found. Callame was later pronounced dead at the Corn­wall Regional Hospital (CRH). While at the hospital, the officers nabbed two of the men who turned up nursing gun­shot wounds. One was admitted under police guard and the other treated and released into police custody.
   Approximately two hours later, police responded to reports of shooting in the same area. They signalled the driver of a Toyota Corolla motor car to stop and when he did, three men alighted and opened gunfire at the officers. The fire was returned; however, the men escaped.
   Following the shooting, a fourth man was found with gunshot wounds inside the vehicle. A 9mm semi automatic pistol - serial number ADP3452A - with four cartridges was taken from him. He was pronounced dead at hospital.
   The third incident occurred about 3:10 p.m. A police/military team were patrolling in 'Hugga Lane' when they accosted three suspicious-looking men who shot at them. The fire was returned and the men ran. Two were later found suffering from gunshot wounds; one had a .380 Taurus pistol. The men were taken to the CRH where they were pronounced dead.
   The Bureau of Special Investigations is probing the incidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment