[SPORTS]:::Wadadah back to winning ways

No. 67 Wednesday, March 17, 2010
By Audrey Phillips
Wadadah FC grabbed all three available points at the expense of Violet Kickers in Sunday's round of the Western Confed Super League beating them 3-2.

    The win moved the defending champions to 12 points, still maintaining the same position held last week ahead of their rivals, who remain in the cellar after Sunday's defeat.
    Oneil Selvyn opened the scoring for Wadadah FC in the 20th minute but Domonique Brissett found the equalizer in the 39th for Violet Kickers FC to draw level going into the half time break.
    After the resumption, Wadadah surged into the lead for a second time from a 62nd minute shot on goal by Curtis Palmer, who latched unto a pass from Selvyn.
    The lead was further ex­tended in the 77th minute as Damian Chambers got unto the scoresheet. Garvie Williams snatched the second goal for the losers in the 87th but with time winding up they failed to create another clear chance.
    At the Sam Sharpe Teacher's College, Granville FC had to come from behind to inch a share of the points on home soil after the visitors Petersfield FC took the lead with only three minutes into the game through Omar Davis. Oneil Sterling who made sure his team got a point from his 21st minute shot on goal which caught the Westmoreland based team's goalkeeper out of position.
    Meanwhile Frome FC and Exidos played out a physical encounter where referee Albert White ejected four players from each team respectively while a total of 10
cards were issued, a tell-tale sign of the physical clash the teams meted out on each other. In the end, Frome FC won the war 1-0 through a 79th minute strike from Kenneth Smith.
    Seba United are joint leaders with Reno on 44 points with victory over Mount Pellier FC in the late game at Jarrett Park. The speedy Torrey Samuels shot the winners into the lead in the 7th minute of play collecting a whiskey pass from Omar Christie. Damion Nelson pushed the game away beyond Mount Pelier FC in the 41st minute for a comfortable 2-0 lead at the end of first half action.
    The Hanover based team regained some hope in the 51st minute when Lyndon Smith slotted home for them to trail 1-2 But Rohan Bernard scored from the penalty spot for a 3-1 lead by Seba United before Secian McNeish sealed the 4-1 victory in the 86th minute of play.
    Reno FC with a game in hand will host Prosper FC at Frome Sports Complex on Wednesday, March 17 as their weekend encounter was not played.

No comments:

Post a Comment