[SPORTS]:::MoBay derby minus spark but Seba manage win

No. 64 Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Jarrett Park was supposed to' be abuzz Sunday for the Montego Bay derby between Wadadah FC and arch rival Seba United, however, only few supporters bothered to see the clash.

    With nine minutes into the game, Wadadah got three sitters and missed the chances of converting through Curtis Palmer and Steven Irving.
    Seba United's first shot on goal in the 11th minute shaved the crossbar. But it was Wadadah that took the lead in the 19th minute after Oneil Selvyn who latched onto the end of a final pass from a build up involving Palmer, Issac Brown and Irving.
    Wadadah FC forced Seba United to make too early changes replacing Shane Christie and Darryl Murray with Junior Reid and Torrey Samuels just three minutes after the re-start. They provided some strength up front. Reid forced a pass to Omar Christie who found Kemar James in a better position to pull Seba United back into the game in the 52nd minute levelling the score at 1-1.
    Samuels got his name unto the score card after running unto a loose ball in the six­yard box in the 61st minute to power Seba into the lead. In the 73rd minute Jermie Buckor out-paced his marker to slot home. That made the game safe for Seba who went on to win 3-1.
    Coach Peter Hurge stated in an interview, that although he had lost players to Village United (the NPL team), he is not hurting much, as others have stepped up to carry the workload.
    "We will be going all out for a win when we face Mt. Pelier on March 14 at Jarrett Park. We want a victory to help us along this season," Hurge said.
A total of seven yellow cards were issued in the game with four to Wadadah FC and three to Seba United.
    Over at the Herbert Morrison ground, Carl Henry netted a four timer for Catherine Hall FC who demolished what was left of Prosper FC with a telling 7-0 drubbing. Henry scored in the 6th, 7th, 49th and 76th minutes of play while his teammates Jamaal Morrison, Cleon Fullwood and Ricardo Clarke scored in the 74th, 78th and 90th minutes respectively to ensure the team got three points from the game.
    Andre Jarrett of Prosper FC was sent for an early shower after he threw his elbow at an opponent in the 73th minute, while Errol Jones of Catherine Hall and Troy Ffrench were cautioned.
    Sunday's 0-7 loss remains the second highest amount of goals conceded by Pros­per this season following their devastating 13-2 loss to Frome in the eleventh round.
    At the Sam Sharpe Teacher's College ground, Granville FC turned back Frome FC 2-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment